Our lessons vary depending on the experience of your child. After a quick assessment, the instructor will be able to tailor each minute of the lessons to the exact needs of your child in order to help them be safe, have fun, and progress quickly. The first thing we like our students to perfect is survival, making sure they will be safe whenever they are near or in water. From there we like to focus on improving their basic swimming skills such as practicing the common strokes and learning how to properly breathe while doing so. Lastly, for the more advanced students, we tend to focus on things like diving, merit badges, flip turns, and all of the remaining, more complicated swim strokes.
Each week purchased includes five 20 minute private, one on one lessons, Monday-Friday. Because we usually have 4 instructors at all times, we are able to teach up to 4 children at once. Your lessons will be at the same time each day. Rather than sign up 1 child at multiple times in the same week (10 lessons as opposed to the regular 5 that come with one purchase), we ask instead that you spread out their lessons and register for consecutive or multiple weeks of lessons. We teach ages 3-16.
- For students who are not potty trained, please cover swim diapers with diaper covers.
- We need at least 1 week's notice for cancellations. There is a $10 fee per child for each week canceled. If you want to avoid this fee , we suggest you sell your lessons to a friend or via our Facebook group Hunsakers Swimming Cancellations. Please notify us when you buy or sell a lesson.
- If your child becomes suddenly ill, we are unable to cancel their lessons due to short notice. We also aren't able to reschedule or hold makeups due to our sold out schedule. Instead we suggest that you sell your lessons to another parent via our facebook group Hunsaker Swimming Cancellations.
- Rather than sign up 1 child for multiple slots in the same week, we ask instead that you register for consecutive or multiple weeks of lessons.
- Bathrooms are not available for use at any of our pools, except for emergencies, so please have your child go before arriving for lessons. Please keep in mind lessons are only 20 minutes.
- We encourage your children to wear rash guards. Rash guards provide better sun protection and keep our pool filters clean and running properly. If you need sunscreen, please apply at least 10 minute before your scheduled lessons, only to the areas that will be exposed to the sun (face and arms), otherwise it washes right off, clogs our filters, and fails to protects your children. Also if your child needs or wants to wear goggles, make sure they do not cover the nose.
- Weather & make-up lesson policy. If we cancel lessons due to inclement weather, we will provide a makeup lessons on Saturday at your regular time. We are unable to provide lessons for illnesses or conflicts. Feel free to let a sibling or neighbor take your child’s time if they are unable to come to their lesson.
- Non-Swimmer Safety. Please close our umbrellas if the wind picks up, otherwise they will come out of their holes and/or break. Please do not let your children stand on the chairs, jump on the trampoline, or play with the umbrellas.
- Please understand we cannot guarantee the same teachers for your children week to week. With very few exceptions, they will have the same teacher from Monday through Friday. Each member of our team is trained and qualified to teach children of all ages and skill levels.
- Helpful Tips Crying, screaming, and struggling during lessons is not out of the ordinary especially for younger children or new swimmers. This does not bother our teachers. Sometimes parents will watch from a distance where their child can’t see them so that their child can focus better.
- Please communicate with our teachers. They are here to cater to your child’s swimming needs and capabilities. If you have certain expectations, please let your child’s teacher know at the beginning of the week. If you need to communicate with a teacher please do so during your own child's lesson time.
- Like years past, we will be using a randomized queue system for registration. From 11:00-12:00 on April 1st everyone will be put into a waiting room. Right at noon everyone will be given a randomized ticket number and slowly let into the site in order to avoid overcrowding. Keep in mind if you visit the site at 10:00 and don't refresh until 12:02 you will be put at the back of the line. You must be in the waiting room between 11:00-12:00 tomorrow to have a chance at being close to the front of the line.
- Please have multiple cards ready or your PayPal info ready in case you are having issues checking out. With so many people on the website at one time and trying to make sure things run smoothly I cannot take calls/texts very easily during this time to help with these issues. If problems continue perhaps try using an alternate device or purchasing different lessons (in case the spots you are attempting to secure are sold out).
- This year lessons will be $85 per week, per child. This comes from virtually all costs going up from pool heating, chemicals, location leasing and wanting to make sure our employees are fairly compensated for their hard work. We have done some local research and have found that our rates continue to be generally less than others. If you would like a discounted week, the week of July 4-8 will only be $70. This is because we will not be teaching on the 4th.
- This summer we have FIVE pools so we are hopeful that everyone gets a spot even if you are unable to sign up Friday at noon. Also if you aren't able to get the time you wanted, keep in mind we will have a handful of teachers teaching in April and May this year! Those openings are $10 more due to our oldest/most experienced teachers being in the water. These will most likely be posted week to week so please keep an eye on your email, Facebook, and instagram for updates. We also will be posting August lessons at some point in early July once we know our teachers availability.
- Another reminder, the Whits End Pool parking is still outside the circle along the flint street trail, so if you want to avoid a short walk we suggest signing up at an alternate location. ALSO the Francis Circle Pool does not have a diving board, so if you want your child to practice diving, avoid registering at that location.
- Please make sure you enter your information and email correctly during checkout or you will not receive a receipt! And we ask that you double check your schedule before registration to make sure you sign up for a week that you know works for you, in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
- If you have a child with special needs, please sign them up in April or May. This is when our oldest/most experienced teachers are teaching so there is a $10 price increase. Please note they must be potty trained.
- We are not equipped to send lesson reminders so please add your scheduled lessons to your calendar and make sure you show up at the correct pool on the correct day.